Grass Finished Sirloin Steak and Asparagus
If you want to really bring out the best of your Wailua Meat Company’s sirloin, try this marinade—a family favorite. You could substitute any steak and the end result would be the same. Prep time is 15-30 minutes. Serves two persons.
2 Wailua Meat Company Sirloin steaks
1⁄2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
For the asparagus
- Salt & pepper to taste. Don’t be shy. We even “spill” some Montreal on the asparagus.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the Marinade ingredients and steaks.
- Seal the bag and coat the steak with marinade.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning as often.
- Preheat grill.
- Coat the asparagus spears on shallow plate with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steaks, over high heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired temperature.
- Remove sirloin steaks from grill and put asparagus on.
- Rest the steak and cook asparagus for 2-3 minutes, turning once.
- Mop ’em!